Recipe and photo property of The Novice Chef Next game night, instead of having popcorn and candy, have candy popcorn instead! It’s sweet, spicy and salty all at once. And if it makes the wings hot, it will surely be hot for you! If they win, you are going to have to make it every time they play.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 5.5 oz box Hot Tamales (or 3 Alarm Hot Tamales for extra heat!)
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- 2 tablespoons Dixie Crystals Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 6 cups popped popcorn
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place popcorn in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium size non-stick pan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add corn syrup, Hot Tamales, mini marshmallows and sugar.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until Hot Tamales have melted completely. This should take about 8 minutes. The mixture will be very sticky. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda.
- Pour the mixture over the popcorn, and stir to completely coat the popcorn. Pour popcorn out onto parchment paper and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.